Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Practice Test 1A Odor1 Day1 (BCM)



GOAL:
Establish scent viability

TESTING PROTOCOL:
Sample condition: test at room temp; refrigerate to preserve

BASELINE:  3 successive sets of 90%+ conducted on 2 subsequent sessions



DOG ID #
5
TEST DATE
10/1/2013
TEST
Practice Test Odor 1A Odor 1:  In hand
DONOR ID #

ORIGIN

SCENT TYPE (saliva/spit/sweat/other
Odor 1:  
almond extract
SEIZURE TYPE

DATE of CAPTURE
9/30/13
TIME of CAPTURE (before/during/after)

SAMPLE STATE (cotton/gauze pad/clothing/other
1/2 Q-tip
STORAGE CONTAINER (covered test tube/double bagged))
double bagged
SAMPLE CONDITION (frozen/refrigerated/room temp/other)
room temp
SAMPLE ID
AGE when USED
Sample X
Day X
MEDICATIONS
none
SAMPLE SUMMARY
tested @ roomt temp; stored ? ? ?
SAMPLE SUMMARY & DIFFERENCES



INTENSITY (# of holes
13
13
CONTAINER TYPE
glass salt shaker
glass salt shaker
PRESENTATION (hand/surface/wheel)
hand
hand
# of CONTAINERS
111111
REPS
10
10
10
10
10
10
% SUCCESS
100
100
100
100
100
100
COMMENTS
*1
*2
*3
*4
*5
*6
TARGET in #
hand
hand
hand
hand
hand
hand
EASE OF FIND
1 Very easy     2 Easy
  3 Normal
4 Difficult     5 Very difficult
1
1
1
1
1
1
TIME



1:43
1:50
1:32


BASELINE CRITERIA MET: 10/2/13

VIDEOS/COMMENTS:

*1
*2
*3

*4  I insist Boon place her nose and leave it for 5 seconds.  I decide not to accept a so-so indication especially in the introduction.  Her excitement is no excuse for accepting behavior below expected criteria.



*5  A few times I remove the target when I see Boon having a difficult time swallowing.  I want to avoid as much as possible having her choke when also targeting to avoid any adverse associations.



*6



The Nose Knows!


"She is smarter than me!  
After two times I thought hmm,  I should check!  
I walked two feet and forgot which number I put it in! 
But Boon knew!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment